Thursday, April 16, 2015

Talking to an author is ...SO COOL!

My 4th graders are so lucky!  We got to do a Google Hangout with author J.B. Cantwell today.  Jen has written a series of books called Aster Wood.  They are about a sick boy who has adventures and travels to far off places.  As a teacher what I found so interesting is that she talked about the writing process she goes through with each of her novels.  4th graders go through the writing process too, but for some reason they think they are "finished" with a story without making any changes to it. :-)  Jen explained how she sends her drafts into her editor and they send back notes on how she needs to improve her story.  I could go on and on how much I learned today talking to Jen.  I was so inspired by her!  I hope my kids were too.  They asked her some great questions and she was gracious enough to answer all of them.  Please visit her website at J.B. Cantwell. Thank you +Jen Cantwell  for talking to my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment