Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Oh...the Possibilities!!

I can't tell you how exciting it was today in my classroom!  My kids are starting to pick their Passion Projects for Genius Hour.  For the last 5 school days, I have been giving them a question to answer/finish on a little piece of paper.  Then I would post them under their name.  These were the sentences I had them finish to help them think of ideas for their Passion Project.

1. I wonder...
2. I would like to learn how to...
3. If I could have any job in the world it would be...
4. The one thing this world needs is...
5. If I could visit anywhere it would be...

And here is what my wall looked like when we finished our questions.  They really thought about their answers, but I think they loved listening to what the other kids wrote.  I had forgot to read them one day, and I got so many questions as to WHEN I'm going to read them.  

+Rae Fearing and +Charlene Knowlton came out today to help my kids think through their Passion Project ideas.  We have some wonderful projects in the works.  Their goal today was to pick a Passion Project and think of an essential question to drive their research.  This was a hard task for some.  They have so many ideas and to narrow their question down was hard for some of them.  Once they picked their project and wrote an essential question they wrote it down on construction paper and I posted it on the wall in our classroom.  The point of this was to think about their question and refer back to it.  They can ask each other questions and I will put them up on the wall too.  Just so they can see what other people are thinking and wondering about their projects.
If you don't know me...I'm a bit of a control freak, so this project is going to test me as a teacher.  I am going to let the learning happen and see where this takes us.  I know they will learn so much once this is over, but I just have to trust them...and breathe.  Let the learning commence!

1 comment:

  1. Those essential questions really took shape, can't wait to see the learning unfold.

    ReplyDelete