Sunday, November 1, 2015

I'm a GLAD Certified Teacher

We did it!  Made it through our GLAD training and we have hit the ground running.  With the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) on the horizon, GLAD comes at a perfect time.  It gives us an idea on how to tackle those standards without adopted text books.

I'm excited to help teachers implement the strategies they have learned.  Although I do not have a class of my own, there is one thing I can take back to the classrooms I visit right away.  I am going to make myself a BIG set of literacy reinforcements.  Literacy reinforcements are cards with academic language, a definition, and a picture to match the word.  They are used to reinforce good behavior.  I will let the kids know there is a full set they can collect from me.  My hope is to come into rooms and kids want those cards to be the first student to collect them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment